Intensive Kitesurfing Course
Learn how to kitesurf in 10 hours!
During this kitesurfing course you will start as a beginner and learn all the important skills you need to become an independent kiteboarder. After the first 5 hours you will start learning how to ride by yourself, independently. (See the Beginner Kitesurfing Course for a description of this). You will then gain enough confidence to start from the shore and come back to the same point. After that you will be on the way to learning your first turn (transition), attempt your first little jump, and try out the more advanced "toe side turn". For this course you do not need any previous experience in water sports but it will help you to advance faster if you have a background in surfing, windsurfing, etc.
Intensive Kitesurfing Course outline:
• Basics of kitesurfing: understanding safety, wind and weather conditions
• How to manage kite equipment
• Kite flying
• Body-dragging in the water
• Re-launching kite from the water
• Practice the "Self-rescue Pack Down" on land (proper way to execute all the safety steps
to take in case of emergency)
• Body-dragging with the board and board recovery
• Water-start on the board, and board riding
• Riding in both directions
• Riding back to your starting point (upwind riding)
• Turns (transition turn)
• First jump attempt
• Toe side turn
The course is split into 4-5 days. Depending on wind conditions and your stamina we can shorten or lengthen the time spent per day. Typically most students continue the water sessions until they are confident enough to master the above mention tasks. After this you can choose to move to the next level of kitesurfing with our Advanced Kitesurfing course.
What MuiNe Kitesurf School supplies, and what you should bring:
Price includes: All students are provided with kitesurfing gear, harness, flotation vest, helmet, sun protecting rashguards and water.
What to bring: All you need is a swimming costume or boardshorts, towel and sunblock.
Need to know: How to swim.
Meeting point in Mui Ne: Meet us at Mui Ne Kitesurf School. See the map
Booking & info: